CC19 Rally 2016 - Chichester Harbour

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Re: CC19 Rally 2016 - Chichester Harbour

Postby Paul Turner » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:45 pm

We are now into double figures for Chichester - 9 boats travelling plus 2 local boats. That's already a pretty good turnout but it would be good to get a few more. If anybody knows of someone who just needs a little encouragement................ The complete list to date is:

Simon Head - Halcyon CC40
Stewart Grant - Moth CC54
Charles Erb - Aurora CC86
Simon Temple - Sea Badger II CC87
Dennis Ogle - Mary Ann CC100
James Badcock - Capeberry CC102
Robert Alston - Vedette CC108
Paul Roper - Fraoch CC111
Paul Turner - Sapphire CC125
Julian Fisher - Salty Dog CC126
Bob Steel - Irene CC127

And of course we'll have Sea Badger III in the form of Mike Brooke's launch.

I'll send Simon a separate message but I'm keen to do Scotland later in the season
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Location: Dorset, 6 miles from Weymouth and close to Ringstead Bay

Postby Paul Turner » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:45 am

[quote="David Peck"]Cape Cutter 19 International Rally (Chichester)

Are you a 5.8er or a 7.2er?

In his email announcing the location and dates for the 2016 International Rally, Dennis wrote:-

[i]“The Solent is not the cheapest sailing area in the country but Chichester Marina has agreed an 18% discount to £20

Just to confirm the original posting was correct. It doesn't matter whether you are a 5.8m or a 7.2m. The Marina, as is made clear on the website, have a minimum charge of 8 metres for visitor berths giving a charge at £3.05 per metre of £24.40.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby basin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:18 am

My wife and I will be visiting England during the time of the Chichester event. I am in the process of building a CC19 from scratch and expect it will take me the rest of the year. We wonder if anyone can advise us re. Hotels and public transportation so that we can walk the dock on 28 May. I am curious about different rigging and sail combinations.

We are experienced sailors and I can count about a dozen previous sailboats we have owned. During the last 8 years I have built numerous canoes and kayaks. I've also built several row boats and a small sailboat. The CC 19 will be my biggest build challenge.

We are from Berkeley California, U S. The build is taking place in my back yard.

Email, Grh4n6@gmail.com

Basin
Last edited by basin on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basin
Non Association Member

Postby erbster » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:43 am

Hi Basin,

You will be most welcome. At both of the previous regattas, we had future owners attend; I'm sure there will opportunities for you to get out on the water, as several of the boats will be lightly crewed. You will find a number of inexpensive hotel chains in the area.

Chichester has a rail station, and this may be the most convenient way of getting to the area.

There is a premier inn and a travelodge in Chichester, as well as numerous bed and breakfast accommodation options. It is a fair walk from Chichester to the marina; perhaps a taxi might be most convenient.

Perhaps someone more local can advise?
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi Basin

I am not very local to Chichester but I visited the marina with Mike Brooke a couple of days ago. Charles is right about public transport. It's easy to get to the main towns like Chichester by train but that's too far from the marina to walk (unless you're very keen). There won't be many buses so its really either walk or take a taxi. If you do a google search you'll see that's there's a few bed and breakfasts within a couple of miles of the marina which makes walking more feasible and its a very nice area for walking.

There'll be plenty of room on some of the boats, including mine, if you wanted to sail.
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:54 am

Hi Basin, we will be staying at our flat near Chichester for the CC19 week.. Travelling from our main home in Greece but without our boat. Look for any b and b near the harbour or book with Mike Brooke ( Benbows b and b in Bosham)... We can give you a lift too if you call us 0797 4246262... But there is very regular bus from Chichester centre to Chichester marina and lots of walking trails too... When you get to the area you will get all the local information you need and be able to travel around easily.....
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby Robert Alston » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:06 pm

This is just to confirm that Vedette (#108) and crew will be coming and to thank Paul and Mike for their work in making the 2016 rally in Chichester a reality.
We plan to get down to Chichester on Saturday 28th May by around midday - we will be travelling from Suffolk - and launch that afternoon.

Does anyone know if Bob or Norma from Honnor Marine will be making an appearance? It would be wonderful if they can be invited to crew. I don't have a crew vacancy otherwise I would have been happy to offer them a place.

Suzanne & I look forward to meeting everyone.

All the best. Robert Alston
Robert Alston
CC19 Association Member

Postby Paul Turner » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:16 am

Hi Robert

Bob and Norma have been formally invited by Mike but I don't think will be coming, unfortunately. Look forward to seeing you in Chichester.

We now have another boat signed up, Tony and Helen Adams on MAYA II so we are now 13 boats in total ( including two local boats). Thats's a decent number for a rally but someone else will have to sign up to save us from unlucky 13
Paul Turner
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:40 am

Paul Turner wrote:Hi Robert

We now have another boat signed up, Tony and Helen Adams on MAYA II so we are now 13 boats in total ( including two local boats). Thats's a decent number for a rally but someone else will have to sign up to save us from unlucky 13

Excellent. :)

13 CC19s attending but 14 represented, remember Chris Wicks will be there (even though he can't be bothered to bring "Kaliope" :rolleyes: ). Also, Mike will have his lauch in attendance.

Even so, 13 CC19s is 10% of the total number of boats built (in GRP) a good result I think. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Andrew Scullion » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Hello Paul,

I have now secured the time off work so Ladybird and crew will be joining if it's not too late.

We also spent 8 days up at the Caledonian Canal last August if anyone is interested in seeing any pictures or wants any advice.

Regards
Andrew
Andrew Scullion
CC19 Association Member

PreviousNext

Return to Association Events