Original VAT invoices SA boats

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Original VAT invoices SA boats

Postby Chris Wicks » Wed May 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Recently I have been helping friends find and bring CC19's to Greece. One from the UK and a second one being researched at the moment. I think there are quite a few UK based boats that change hands and original VAT paid in UK invoices are not passed on. I have an example of an Honnor Marine one from my boat but I am interested to hear (by Private Message if you prefer) from anyone who can show me an example of an original SA boat that was imported direct to the UK. It will help possibly trace an original invoice back in SA or hidden away in a filing cabinet somewhere. I think it may be a factor that the boats hold their price so well passing on orignial sales invoices is not always common practice in the UK whereas elsewhere it is a vital document.

Cheers

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Re: Original VAT invoices SA boats

Postby Justin Greig » Thu May 13, 2021 10:01 am

Hi Chris, my boat is hull #20. The order was signed in Sept 2001 with Cape Yachts in Fareham. It reflects VAT payable at 17.5%
Is this what you are after? Or were some boats imported directly by the ultimate owner?
If you would like a scan of my order do send me your email address by PM.
Interestingly there is a discrepency between my order - which promises hull #19 - and the boat that was actually delivered a month later, as evidenced by the warranty that relates to hull #20. That would make any Greek customs official very happy!
Justin Greig
CC19 Association Member

Re: Original VAT invoices SA boats

Postby Chris Wicks » Thu May 13, 2021 11:41 am

Thanks, Justin and I have messaged you. I made progress with Customs to Greek flag my boat but then realised it would have excessive tax implications as a resident. So I have now gifted my boat to my daughter (she is happy!) and with the right to use it.... We are having to follow all sorts of strange routes to keep sailing post B****t !!! :confused:
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Return to General Chat