Any more boats for sale?

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Any more boats for sale?

Postby Chris Wicks » Tue May 04, 2021 9:41 pm

A friend is interested in buying a CC19. He is based in Holland but is willing to travel for a nice boat. Please let us know of any boats for sale.

Cheers

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Re: Any more boats for sale?

Postby oak » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:34 pm

I intend to put Merlin [SA 2002] on the market shortly.
With all the problems of VAT it looks as if the boat will only interest Irish or other EU buyers.
On the other hand it will unfortunately increase the price for UK boats coming to Ireland.
I also will be selling my Haven 12
Oak
oak
CC19 Association Member

Re: Any more boats for sale?

Postby Chris Wicks » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:44 pm

I believe my friend has found his boat and hope to see our Aegean fleet based in Pelion increase to four this summer. Fingers crossed.

On the VAT question, any boat that was originally UK VAT paid that is currently in an EU member state may return to the UK before the end of 2021 without any further VAT liability. Our boat Kaliope will remain in Greece which is it's home, should it want to return to UK in the future VAT would be payable for a second time in the UK. As we know Brexit just keeps on giving (taking!).

As these are small trailerable boats that do not use transit logs within the EU I am not sure how the authorities would know whether a Cape Cutter had been on a brief visit to the EU/UK or was being imported/exported. I think therefore the VAT question may be theoretical and unlikely to be enforced. (I hope so).
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Return to General Chat