New member in search of a CC19

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

New member in search of a CC19

Postby Jeen de Leur » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:39 pm

Hi,

I am Jeen from Amsterdam, a former Tallship officer, now working in the port of Hoorn.
At this moment I own a beautiful refitted 1967 Westerly30 (triple-keel). But for various reasons I am looking for a CC19 to have instead. Therefore I am very curious in which range a secondhand CC19 is usually sold. And I wonder if there are any motivated sellers within the association.

Sincerely, Jeen
Jeen de Leur
Non Association Member

Re: New member in search of a CC19

Postby Nico Steffen » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Hi Jeen,
there are 2 CC19 in Germany for sale:
One in Friesland https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... focus_cars
The other one in Mecklenburg: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 834-211-94
I dont know the owners or the boats.
Maybe it is easier to buy in Germany than in the UK after Brexit.

Best regards
Nico
Nico Steffen
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:48 am

Hi Jeen,

There is a cape cutter for sale in Cornwall. It’s a late South African model. I’ve met the owner and I think it’s in very good shape. Have a look on apolloduck: https://apolloduck.net/646605

I can put you in contact with the owner if you’re interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:36 pm

My post re. Brexit issues may be relevant to people in the EU seeking to buy a CC19 that is currently UK based and was VAT paid in the UK. I have not yet found the EU Commission web site link that specifically covers UK VAT paid boats that can prove they were in the EU on 31.12.20 retaining EU VAT paid status. If anyone comes across it please share.

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby erbster » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:55 am

erbster wrote:Hi Jeen,

There is a cape cutter for sale in Cornwall. It’s a late South African model. I’ve met the owner and I think it’s in very good shape. Have a look on apolloduck: https://apolloduck.net/646605

I can put you in contact with the owner if you’re interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The differences between the SA and UK boats are mostly superficial. All of the hulls have come from the same mould. The woodwork is lighter on the SA boats - for example the strakes are thinner and more rounded, but the woodwork finish on the UK boats is perhaps slightly better. The three main differences are:
1. The SA road trailer is not UK road legal. Many owners of SA boats have upgraded their trailer or bought a new UK made one (depends on how far/often the boat is to be trailed)
2. The SA masts are much lighter, because they are hollow. This is a great boon when raising the mast but has the disadvantage that they are prone to rot around the hounds (especially if the boat is left mast-up in the wet UK climate, as water gathers between the fitting and the mast).
3. The fittings (eg jammers) are of variable type/quality and would need checking and in some cases replacing.

I hope this helps
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Tim Ellert » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:39 pm

My CC19 is for sail if interested: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=951
Tim Ellert
CC19 Association Member

Return to General Chat