New member old boat

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Re: New member old boat

Postby Dennis » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:03 pm

Thanks for the pics Tony.
I can see why you opted for the paint job.
Shame I have to wear sunglasses when I am anywhere near your painted boat. :D

In case anyone does not know where to find the pics, just click on the blue rectangle at the top of the screen which states: "Click here for Picture Gallery"
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Tony Treen » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:58 pm

On the Solent rally this year Ian Brett did a fantastic version of 'What shall we do with the drunken sailor' with references to boats on the rally. Mine was 'Tony's got a boat, he thinks it's a fire engine'....
Tony Treen
CC19 Association Member

Postby c.amirkhanian » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:43 pm

Hello everybody
I am a new owner of an old boat and new to the CC19 association.
I have just bought hull n°122 previously named KOH II.
Koh II was commissioned in February 2014 under Belgian flag and probably stationed on the Mediterranean coast as it was sold in July 2017 to a local shipyard then shipped to Morbihan and sold there. I am her third owner and have named her "One Toe Too".
Home harbour is Port du Crouesty at the entrance of Golfe du Morbihan, South Brittany. Next summer sailing program is day-sailing in the Golfe, the bay of Quiberon with the isles of Houat, Hoedic and Belle-Ile. Hopefully further along the coasts from La Rochelle to Brest when I will be more acquainted with the boat. Also entering the next Semaine du Golfe.
This winter will be the time to varnish, polish, scrape off old submarine paint layers and - hopefully- new coppercoat. New set of cream sails is ordered for next spring.
I have owned a 35 footer cruiser-racer for more than 20 years and sail solo-handed most of the time. I wanted a small pleasant boat easy to maintain and was lucky to find this CC19 the French side of the Channel.
If you happen to come sailing between La Rochelle and Brest I will be very happy to give you tips and I hope that Brexit will not deter the British flotilla from visiting !
Christian

CC19 n°122 "One Toe Too"
c.amirkhanian
CC19 Association Member

Postby Chris Wicks » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:12 pm

Welcome Christian, we wish you many happy years with your Cape Cutter. Our boat is based in the Greek Aegean. Here we have two UK boats and two sailing under a Dutch flag. They are wonderful boats.

Best wishes

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby erbster » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:24 pm

Welcome! I’m sure you will enjoy your cape cutter; the Semaine de Golfe has long been on my list to participate, but I have not usually been able to get holiday at the appropriate time. One day…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Previous

Return to General Chat