Celebration Expedition

Queries, notice of, questions or write ups regarding Non-Association events

Celebration Expedition

Postby Ru88ell » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:42 am

I'm kicking around an idea for a challenge next year. In August I was diagnosed with coronary heart disease, and I thought it was the end of my World - or at least an end to my sailing and cycling. I was pretty depressed for the period until I had my three stents in late September. Having received fabulous treatment I feel in better health now than I was before diagnosis. :)

I want to do something to a) celebrate the fact that I can still cycle and sail, b) make a video to show to newly diagnosed patients that their lives can be improved instead of restricted, and c) raise some cash for the Action Heart charity which has supported me.

I live in Stourbridge, West Mids, and I plan to walk, run or kayak to Stourport on the Severn, then take Zephyr down the Severn and Sharpness canal to the Bristol Channel, along South Wales to Tenby, over to Lundy, Padstow, St Ives and the Scillies. From here I plan to sail to Falmouth, from where I'll cycle 250 miles back to Stourbridge. I plan to do this 750 mile trip single handed and un-supported.

I'll aim for the coming Summer, perhaps September to mark one year.

It does mean that Zephyr is going to have to comply with the Boat Safety Scheme.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 pm

It should make a fantastic video.:)

You could rival Dylan Winter at this rate!

Well done.
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:23 pm

What a great idea! If you want any logistical support (or filming), let me know
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster