Future of CC19 Production or end of the line?

For general discussion about the Cape Cutter 19

Future of CC19 Production or end of the line?

Postby Chris Wicks » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:35 am

Hi,
I have heard via this forum that CC19 production looks likely to end when Bob Brown (Honnor Marine) retires. I have no knowledge or contact with the boat building industry but would like to see us make a big push to encourage continued production anywhere in the world. I have sent a message to Martin Dooley at Character Boats as a starting point, I realise this is highly unlikely to succeed, but anything is worth a try surely. Somewhere in mainland Europe perhaps?

Hi Martin,

We are getting great pleasure from our Lune Whammel in Greece. I am one of several Cape Cutter owners or former owners who enjoy both types of boat. Cape Cutter 19's were added to the Honnor Marine range when the company was taken over by Bob Brown in Rochdale. As bob is now retiring I hear he has sold on rights to the Devon Range of boats but not as yet to the Cape Cutter.

The Cape Cutter is a direct alternative (and cheaper) choice to the Cornish Shrimper and as a modern classic design it would be a shame to see her go out of production. Is there anyway Character boats could take on the rights to the CC19?

I guess the answer is no but it would be fantastic and get much support from the Cape Cutter 19 Association.

It would be good to hear your comments.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... e23eb96f95

Best wishes

Chris
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Re: Future of CC19 Production or end of the line?

Postby Malcolm Sadler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:05 am

I fully agree with Chris that we, as the Assoication or as a group of Cape Cutter 19 enthusiasts, ought to do all we can to keep the boat in production and grow the numbers.

I had not read the posts on this Forum recently, but having come across Chris's post today, I searched and found the full thread in the General - Members Only - section under the same heading as above. In order to keep all the contributions in one place, I will switch to that thread. If you are interested, please follow ...

All the best

Malcolm
Malcolm Sadler
Honorary President

Postby Chris Wicks » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:07 pm

The other thread is in the members only section I think if anything can be done it will be by a members initiative. I will revert to that thread.
Thanks
Chris Wicks
CC19 Association Member

Location: Platanias, Pelion, Greece and Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex.

Postby zimp » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:38 pm

http://www.honnormarine.co.uk/

Honnor Marine is sold. But the website says nothing about the CC19...?
Bert, CC19, #004, s/y Zimp
zimp
Non Association Member

Capecutter 19 production continues in 2018.

Postby Dennis » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Nick & Suzy Scroggs are pleased to advise the continued production of the Cape Cutter 19 and the complete range of trailers.

On their retirement in January Bob and Norma Brown handed over these 2 businesses to Nick and Suzy, who will continue to build this great boat to the same high specification.

They will continue to offer an excellent service supplying all the spares for the Cape Cutter 19 and for the full range of trailers.

Nick is delighted to have secured the services of three of Honnor Marine’s skilled craftsmen, to help build the boats and the trailers.

Nick grew up in Devon, started sailing when he was 8 and built his first wooden boat with his father when he was 12 years old !. He comes from a manufacturing background and is very excited about making and sailing Cape Cutters.

Nick and Suzy look forward to meeting and sailing with the association members during 2018.

The business will continue as Cape Cutter Marine Ltd based at:

Unit 2, Twydale Business Park, Skerne Road, Driffield, YO25 6JX

Nick mobile : +44 (0)7966 206899
Suzy mobile : +44 (0)7776 184694
email: info@capecutter19.com
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Greg Beckett » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 pm

very interesting,and personally I am happy to hear the boats and trailers will continue to be manufactured
Greg Beckett
Non Association Member

Return to General Chat