Albums

This is the place to post suggestions or comments about the forum or the website. Also post here if you've got a problem with the forum, but please read the FAQs first.

Albums

Postby seasickwhale » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:45 am

Hi,

there seems to no way to access "old albums" - including my own - via the community\pictures&albums link any more.

All that is offered are "Recently Updated Albums".

How do I find an old album of which I know it exists?
Happy Sailing

Stephan Radke
CC52 "Herr Nilsson"
seasickwhale
CC19 Association Member

Postby Dennis » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:16 am

Hello Stephan

If you access your own user profile (click on "seasickwhale" in the members list) you will find your albums on the right hand side.

I agree with you, these should appear in the "Pictures and Albums" section via the "Community" drop down menu. Hopefully, Simon will read this and rectify matters.

The albums are one of the most useful resources on this site, it is important that they are easily available.

Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Postby Simon Head » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi Stephan

I will look into this.

When the forum was initially installed albums had an expiry date- I changed this after realising this- they no longer expire. They are not deleted, they are only available under your profile.

I will try and sort this out

Kind Regards

Simon
Simon Head
CC19 Association Member

Albums

Postby seasickwhale » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:08 am

Hi,

thanks for your responses.

I did realize that I can easily access my own albums via my profile. I only stumbled across the problem, because I wanted to point out an old album to Dennis with regards to his plans for Friesland - I know it exists, but in current circumstances cannot find it.
Happy Sailing

Stephan Radke
CC52 "Herr Nilsson"
seasickwhale
CC19 Association Member

User Albums

Postby Dennis » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:07 pm

I have managed to alter the settings so that "User Albums" do not disappear as quickly (it was set to 1000 days).

Consequently, all of the albums created since the start of this forum are again visible via the "Community" drop down menu. :D
Cheers

Dennis

CC19 #100 Mary Ann
Dennis
CC19 Association Member

Return to Forum and Website Comments