Mike Brooke Masterclass Weekend - was Sept, now 2014

Queries, questions or write ups regarding Association events

Mike Brooke Masterclass Weekend - was Sept, now 2014

Postby Ru88ell » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Folks

I've spoken to Mike Brooke today, and we are tentatively discussing arranging a 'Cape Cutter 19 Masterclass / Cruise Weekend' in Chichester Harbour later this year. I need to know who would be interested.

Mike has used his CC19 to win the Traditional Boat class in the Round the Island Race for a few years now, and has also completed a circumnavigation - so he does know a thing or two.

He and Jilly have a B+B in Bosham, so WAG's could stay there if they don't want to stay on the boats, and I'm sure we could find other accommodation in the area if needed.

The dates in mind at this stage are September 14/15 or 28/29.

Please post below if you may be interested.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Team Aurora is definitely up for that. Currently we could do either weekend. I'm keen to take any opportunity to improve my sailing skills. I've always thought it would be so exciting for several CCs to sail together.
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Ahh, well. Mike sent me an e-mail tonight and he's actually more booked than he first thought. In fact he's fully booked this summer. He's suggesting that we get a date sorted for 2014 which gives us plenty of time to make sure we get some people. I'm certainly up for doing something, so will keep up discussions with him.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Postby erbster » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 am

How about some sort of meet up in the Solent/Chichester area in Sep? Anyone else interested?
Charles Erb
CC86 Aurora
travellingaurora.wordpress.com
erbster
CC19 Association Member

Postby Ru88ell » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:38 am

We really should start to pull a programme together. I'm up for Solent in Sept; let's identify a weekend with good tides and go for it. We almost succeeded in arranging one last year but it fell through when I became ill. I'll start a new topic.
Ru88ell
CC19 Association Member

Return to Association Events